Creating a new forum in wp-admin
Creating a new forum via your wp-admin is simple:
- Click "ForumWP" from your WordPress Dashboard menu
- Click "Forums"
- Click "Add New Forum"
- Enter in a Title and Description (optional) for the forum
Status: This setting allows you to specify how users can interact with the forum
- Unlocked - If a forum is set to unlocked, users will be able to create topics and replies
- Locked - If a forum is set to locked, users will not be able to create topics or replies
Visibility: This setting allows you to specify how the forum appears on your site:
- Public - If you set the forum to be public anyone will be able to view the forum on your site.
- Private -
- Hidden -
ForumWP provides the ability to assign an icon to a forum using Font Awesome icons. The forum icon will appear when viewing a list of your site's forums. This is optional. You can choose to have no forum icon or you can upload a forum image instead.
Icon class: This is where you enter the class of the icon you wish to assign to the forum You can find the icon names on this page.
Please note: the plugin only supports free Font Awesome icons. Pro icons are not supported.